Thursday 20 January 2011

I've even impressed myself today !!!

I slept REALLY badly last night .. only just managing about 3 hours of sleep ... so waking this morning was far from a joyous occasion, lol.

I did, however, have a lovely morning catching up with my friend, Hannah .. I hadn't seen her for what felt like AGES, so it was lovely to catch up :)



I bought a bead mag today too .... I'm not really what you'd call a trendsetter with my beads, but I like to stay up to date with that's up and coming, just in case it's something I actually like.

I also bought a notepad and pen too ... this year is going to be a busy one for me ... and if things go to plan, it will be a big year, work-wise too ... so I thought it best to start keeping a running journal / scribbles book, to try and keep up with everything.



I also took a very brave step yesterday too ... I won't know until the end of January ( I think ), but I have registered an interest for a table at the Stourbridge bead fair this August. Last year's exhibitors are usually given first refusal, but then the list is opened up to others, such as me ... so please wish me luck !

And now to the reason I am impressed with myself today .... I've been making a few hearts just lately ... yeh yeh .. I know ... but a heart isn't just for Valentines Day, is it !

But today I decided to make a funky set of little hearts .... I don't own a heart press, so I figured I'd give it a go and see what they looked like when they're done ......

They were all made one at a time ... I had no other bead to gauge them by as I was making them .... and they are all ( pretty much ) the same size and proportion !!!!

I have never managed to make a set like this before ... there are always odd sizes, so I usually sell them as 'graduated' sets of beads .. but nope, not these !!!!!!

I can't wait to clean and dress them tomorrow .. they are rather cute ... not all I need is for someone to agree and buy them !!!

Anyway .. enough rambling from me for this evening ... I hope for a productive day at the torch tomorrow ... I have a whole day of portraits on the books ... eek !

Lets hope I get more sleep tonight than I did last night eh ....

Night Night
x

No comments:

Post a Comment