Tuesday 11 January 2011

Class day !

Well ... yesterday (Monday) ... what can I say but wow ! What a fantastic day it was !

To prevent any rambling because I am tired, I shall be brief ...

Di East is lovely .... Anouk is enchanting .... Di's studio is a fabulous place to visit... I got to catch up with Emma (Duck in a bucket) and Sal (Red Hot Sal) .... I even got to catch up with my friend Rozelle and her little un, Phoebe, cos they came to visit ;D

My skill with silver glass and off mandrel definitely leaves a lot to be desired, but I came away having learned some gorgeous techniques from Anouk, and also some great instruction on taming silver glass, which has ALWAYS been so elusive to me.

Oh and the cheesecake !!! I shall never forget the divine cheesecake that Di brought round from the local eaterie ... nom nom nom !

All in all, I had a fantastic day ... even though I spent most of it operating WAY out of my comfort zone .. but that's good. I've been working with glass for about 7 years now, and I am amazed at just how safe I have been in my own little bubble. I should try new things more often !

I really did mean to take photos from the class... but as per usual... I totally forgot I had my camera sitting right next to my torch... I didn't take a single one !

Di was lovely and even gave me a little bundle of rod ends of silver glasses to play with ... which I did today ... photo's to follow in today's post in a minute.... it'll be a short post though, as I am soooo tired :P

If you're still reading ... thank you :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment